Climate Compatibility Test
The Federal Office of the Environment FOEN and the State Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO are promoting the second edition of the climate compatibility assessment. This time, new criteria have been included to allow financial firms to participate also. They can assess the climate impact of their investment portfolio and of real estate portfolios.
- The survey is fully automated and anonymised. Participation is voluntary, totally anonymous and free of charge.
- The Confederation merely receives aggregate data upon which it can perform a comparative assessment with other countries.
- Assessment is conducted along the EU standards of the Paris Agreement Capital Transition Assessment PACTA, which is promoted by the think tank 2°Investing Initiative.
- Assessment is possible for entire portfolios (securities such as shares and bonds) and real estate. A special segment for the Swiss real estate sector is included.
- The assessment report contains various elements that allow an ad-hoc individualised assessment of results and the simulation of specific measures to evaluate their impact. A stress test for shares and bonds is also available.
For participation please visit the website http://www.transitionmonitor.com/pacta-2020 and insert the password CHPA2020.
Participants are invited to submit as extended as possible a portfolio to assure best representativity.
- Registration and data input is possible until 29.5.2020.
- Assessment and evaluation takes place from June to August
- Presentation of results is expected for September
- Workshops for the presentation of results take place in Zürich on 22 October 2020 and in Geneva on 23 October 2020.
- Invitation to participate: DE FR
- Background information on PACTA: DE FR
- Information in DE, FR and EN is also available on http://www.transitionmonitor.com/pacta-2020
- Information on the Swiss project: email@example.com